BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

In memory of Michelle Bancroft




















This blog is dedicated to the memory of Michelle Bancroft (1981-2009). Michelle was the proud mother of three beautiful children all under the age of 8 at her death. Michelle was married to Justin Bancroft for nearly 9 years. At the age of 25, Michelle was diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer called desmoplastic melanoma. After a valiant, courageous fight of three years, Michelle succumbed to the disease and passed away on May 18, 2009 comfortably at her home. This blog is dedicated to the memory of Michelle and her lasting legacy.


A fund has been established in her name to aid other young families in their monetary needs. It is the goal of the members of the Michelle Bancroft Cancer Foundation to aid at least one family per year in meeting medical bill needs, or to help make a wish come true. Any nominations should be sent to bancroftfund@gmail.com. All emails will be reviewed and the chosen family's nominating party will be notified as in many cases the foundation will try to put together a secret award ceremony for the family.


This process has been chosen to follow the tradition started by many of Michelle's closest friends and family members in February 2009 where Michelle and her family were surprised by close to 100 people at a lavish event at La Caille in Salt Lake City, UT. The impact of the event is one that will always be remembered by all that attended and especially Michelle's family.


Please feel free to post your memories of Michelle on this blog, this is to honor her.

2 comments:

makin clan said...

The other day, I was standing in my kitchen and something (I don't remember what) made me laugh. I thought, "I need to call Michelle and tell her." then I remembered. I miss my friend so much. We both found out we were pregnant with our babies (her - Colton; me - Bailee) at around the same time. Our kids are very close in age - our oldest are the same age - and played together often. Chase, who is Brooklyn's age, wanted to "mawwy" Brooklyn. I loved being in Michelle's kitchen with her ... She always took care of all those around her. I never left her house hungry and I watched her whip up delicious meals time after time. Although I miss my friend, I know that she fought a good fight and I know she is continuing to serve and love those friends and family on the other side. This is a great fund in Michelle's honor; I am proud to call her a friend.

abancroft said...

On Saturday, December 5, Michelle's oldest child, Brooklyn, was baptised. What a special day! I am sure all that attended could feel Michelle's presence!! I miss her every day!